The EPFL project “Enabling interactive music visualization for a wider community”, funded by the dhCenter UNIL-EPFL, is looking for a Front-end Web Developer.
The envisaged web app will provide an interface to upload music files for interactive visualizations and explorations and the functionality to analyze collections of notes using the discrete Fourier transform.
What you will work on:
- interactive music-visualization project
- visualizing music in MIDI format using the discrete Fourier transform
- demonstrable experience with front-end development projects
- profound knowledge of at least one JS framework such as Vue / React / Angular
- familiarity with Git & Github
- proficiency with a JS visualization library such as Vega / D3
Nice to have
- musical background
- basic understanding of the discrete Fourier transform
- hands-on experience with Python for data science
- experience with MIDI in the browser
Start and duration
- earliest start date: August 1, 2021
- latest end date: October 31, 2021
- 2880 CHF for the development of the whole application
Please submit a brief CV (at most 2 pages) that highlights your prior work experience and provides links to earlier (music) visualization projects no later than July 15, 2021.
Depending on the number of applicants we will conduct brief online interviews in the week from July 19 to July 23.
The decision for a candidate will be taken by the end of July. The start date is negotiable and the development of the app is expected to be finished by the end of October.