ACOUA stands for Academic Output Archive. It is the new institutional archive for long-term preservation of research data and code produced by EPFL. It is managed by EPFL Library in partnership with the Information Systems Department of Vice Presidency for Operations (VPO).
Why use ACOUA?
- Would you like to preserve the datasets underlying your publications?
- Are you leaving your lab and have data or code to archive?
- Would you like to get expert support for data curation?
- Do you have reference datasets that you would like to preserve?
ACOUA provides preservation of your data, by ensuring the integrity of your datasets. There are many instances where you or your lab would need to preserve data. We offer not only the right hardware, but also the professional support to:
- Define the specific curation needs for your datasets and related code
- Help you in appraising the datasets and related code to be preserved
- Ingest your dataset(s) and related code in a trustworthy, safe and EPFL-backed environment
- Periodic control of the integrity of the datasets via audits and data curation actions
- Provision of reports on the state of the preserved dataset to the research group