The gta Digital division of the ETH Zurich Institute for the History and Theory of Architecture (gta) seeks a Senior Reference Data Curator (Scientific Assistant 60-100%), to start as soon as possible, for a one-year contract with possibility of extension.
gta Digital unites scholarly expertise in architectural history by providing access to comprehensive semantic cultural heritage data, most recent digital research methodologies, and state-of-the-art research technology tailored to the needs of advanced digital research projects in the field of architectural and art history.
The successful candidate for this position will work on editorial data curation of the institute’s digital collection management system, and the public gta Research Portal, focusing on collections and reference data from the gta Archives and various SNSF funded research projects.
The position involves:
- Editorial curation of multilingual, scholarly reference data
- Digital curation, enrichment and harmonization of rich semantic data
- Management and editorial curation of the institutes collection management system
- Creation and maintenance of editorial guidelines and necessary documentation
- Advising researchers and cataloguers on best practices and editorial guidelines
- Coordination of editorial processes with the gta Archives and SNSF research projects
- Supervision of a small team of data curators
- Support of and collaboration with a team of semantic data engineers
Candidates should have a master’s degree in the humanities (art history, history, architecture, alike) or/and information science. They should submit a motivation letter, CV, diplomas, employment history, and references to email@example.com by July 15th, 2020.
Please visit the ETH Zurich website for further information.