This four-day course, « Recherche : éthique et intégrité scientifique. Application dans la recherche scientifique et méthodologie des enquêtes » (“Research: Ethics and Scientific Integrity. Application in scientific research and survey methodology”) will be offered in French through UNIL/EPFL Continuing Education.
The course is aimed at professionals dealing with research ethics and management, particularly in the humanities and social sciences, as well as researchers conducting surveys or investigations involving participants.
Students will have the chance to explore the practical, legal, and institutional elements of ethical issues relating to research surveys and investigations, and to discuss key notions of research ethics including consent, risks, anonymization, and personal data protection.
- Acquire key notions of scientific integrity and ethics
- Identify ethical issues of a research project or survey involving participants
- Become familiar with the criteria for the ethical evaluation of survey or research projects.
- Know the procedural aspects of research ethics (laws, guidelines)
- Know the validation structures in the Swiss cantons and institutions
- Become aware of ethical values in one’s daily work
Practical information and registration
The course, organized by the University of Lausanne (Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en éthique CIRE, and Recherche, Relations internationales et Formation continue) will be held on the UNIL-EPFL campus over the course of four sessions on April 20th, May 4th, May 18th and June 1st.
Spaces are limited. Please register by March 5th, 2021.
For further details, please visit the course webpage on the UNIL/EPFL Continuing Education website.
View the course brochure, in French (PDF).