The Department of language and information sciences of the Faculty of Arts at UNIL invites applications for a post-doctoral position in the framework of the NCCR Evolving Language.
- Design and development of a web infrastructure for collecting WhatsApp chat donations in Swiss national languages.
- Preprocess collected messages with natural language processing (NLP) methods (formatting, anonymization, language identification, non-verbal cue detection, etc.).
- Annotation of messages in terms of emotions through a combination of citizen science and machine learning.
- Analysis of the data and communication of results in scientific papers and talks.
- PhD in computer science, data science, computational linguistics, or a related domain.
- Autonomy and motivation to take part in a research project on computer-mediated communication (CMC) in the context of a multilingual and multidisciplinary national network.
- Advanced skills in natural language processing (NLP), machine learning and web application development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and knowledge of one or more Swiss national language.
- Previous research experience in the field of CMC and/or sentiment/emotion analysis would be an asset.
Expected start date: September 1st 2021
Contract length: 20-25 months
Activity rate 80-100 %
Please send your application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae including list of scientific publications
• Copy of university degree certificates
In your cover letter, please outline previous experiences you have in the technical domains relevant for this position (NLP, machine learning and web application development)
Contact for further information
Dr Aris Xanthos: email@example.com