The call for proposals for the SNSF Eccellenza program is now open (submission deadline: February 3rd, 2020).
There are two types of Eccellenza awards:
- Eccellenza Grants, aimed at researchers in all disciplines who have recently been appointed.
- Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships, aimed at outstanding researchers in all disciplines who have a doctorate or equivalent qualification and are pursuing an academic career, but have not yet obtained an assistant professorship.
As per EPFL rules (accepted by the SNSF), SNSF Eccellenza Professorial Fellowship grantees hosted at EPFL will receive the title of Research & Teaching Associate and will have the right:
- to supervise PhD students,
- to carry out their scientific work independently,
- to create and lead a research group,
- to set up laboratories or similar entities when and if required,
- to have access to the infrastructure they need for their project,
- to decide on the use of their Eccellenza funds.
The Research Office has prepared an application package containing all instructions including the SNSF requirements as well as a description of the EPFL internal procedure. For information, you can contact the EPFL Research Office.
An Eccellenza applicant workshop will take place on December 12th. Registration here.