The dhCenter UNIL-EPFL invites you to send us visualizations or representations of data from your current research and or past results on human behaviors, on cultural production and on society.
Selected submissions will be displayed at EPFL Data Square starting on October 31 from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. People whose projects have been selected will have the opportunity to present their work during lightning talks organized during the afternoon. They will also be invited to the official opening of the dhCenter on October 31 in the evening, in the presence of UNIL’s President Nouria Hernandez, the President from EPFL, Mr. Martin Vetterli, scientists, civil servants and political figures.
This call is open to all, master’s students, doctoral students, postdocs, research engineers, project managers, teachers, professors, librarians, and wishes to pay special attention to young researchers.
We accept all formats for visualization and representation of scientific data: images, videos, software, Jupyter Notebooks, audio recordings, etc.
Conditions of submission:
The material is submitted by the beneficiaries or with the explicit authorization of these. The material is a visualization or representation of data from original research conducted by researchers affiliated with the University of Lausanne or the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. By submitting the material, the rights holders authorize the dhCenter UNIL-EPFL to expose it and the related information in a public space.
Call opening: August 23, 2019
Submission deadline: September 15, 2019
A descriptive notes that includes:
- Year of production
- Names of people involved
- Short description of the visual and the data, with a maximum of 500 bytes (space included)
- Description of the exhibition format (support, dimensions, length, etc.)
- High resolution images of the visual (or screenshots for dynamic visuals, software or interactive format [i.e. Jupyter Notebooks]). If your image has white background, please indicate the limits with a frame.
- URL link for dynamic online visuals
- Technical requirements (beamer, computer, TV screen, smart pad, etc.)
- Additional comments (if necessary).
- One PDF multipage file
- Format: A4 vertical
- Maximum size: 2 Mb
- File name: “FamilyName_FirstName-Title.pdf”
How to submit:
Send your PDF file by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (@unil address in the making), with “Dataviz — LastName FirstName — Title” as the email’s subject.